Pyralvex® - For targeted relief from pain and inflammation of the mouth and gums
What causes mouth ulcers?2,3
- Women may develop mouth ulcers during times of hormonal change such as during their menstrual cycle or pregnancy
- Damage caused by tooth brushing, or where you’ve had a local anaesthetic injection and dental treatment
- Medication, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs)
- Some foods such as chocolate, coffee, peanuts, cereals, almonds, strawberries, cheese, tomatoes, and wheat flour (containing gluten)
- Anaemia or a lack of vitamins B1, B2, and/or B6
- Stress may play a role in the development of mouth ulcers
- Family history, as some families get mouth ulcers more often
- Viral and bacterial infections
Mouth ulcers can occur in any part of the mouth (such as the cheeks, lips or tongue). They are usually round or oval sores and are painful.4, 5 They cause redness, a burning sensation and/or pain.4 Although uncomfortable, they are usually harmless and clear up by themselves within a week or two.5
Available without a prescription.
Ask your pharmacist for Pyralvex®.
Don’t let mouth ulcers take
away your smile
Use the Pyralvex® brush for easy, targeted application to the ulcer.
Pyralvex®, the 3-in-1 solution:
- Analgesic: provides pain relief1
- Anti-inflammatory: reduces pain and swelling1
- Antiseptic: prevents infections1
Suitable for adults and children older than 12 years old.