3. Wintola OA, Sunmonu TO, Afolayan AJ. The effect of Aloe ferox Mill. in the treatment of loperamide-induced constipation in Wistar rats. BMC Gastroenterology 2010;10:95.
4. Wang X, Yin J. Complementary and Alternative Therapies for Chronic Constipation. Evidenced-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2015:1-11. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/396396.
5. Kinnunen O, Winblad I, Koistinen P, Salokannel J. Safety and Efficacy of a Bulk Laxative Containing Senna versus Lactulose in the Treatment of Chronic Constipation in Geriatric Patients. Pharmacology 1993;47(Suppl1):253-255.
6. Jalanka J, Major G, Murray K, Singh G, Nowak A, Kurtz C, et al. The Effect of Psyllium Husk on Intestinal Microbiota in Constipated Patients and Healthy Controls. Int J Mol Sci 2019;20:433; doi: 10.3390/ijms20020433.
7. Agiolax® Summary of Product Characteristics. Megapharm Ltd. September 2015.
S0 AGIOLAX®. Reg. No. E/11.5/0988. 5 g granules contains: Seeds of Plantago ovata 2,6 g, Ispaghula husk 0,11 g, Tinnevelly senna pods 0,34 g – 0,66 g (corresponds to 15 mg sennoside B). For full prescribing information, refer to the professional information approved by the Regulatory Authority. Xixia Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd. Reg No: 1991/003162/07. 4 Brewery Street, Isando, Kempton Park, 1600. Tel: (011) 451 1300 Fax: (011) 451 1400 www.mylansa.co.za M3043 Exp: 03/2022.
The purpose of this site is primarily to provide information and support.
Information and advice provided on this site is intended as support for constipation sufferers.
This site is not intended to endorse specific products as well as not to replace medical advice and medical diagnosis.